By keeping up with the maintenance of your home, you will maintain or even improve it's value. The ongoing maintenance of your home may also prevent future expensive problems.
A recent article from REW.ca has a list of 10 annual maintenance recommendations:
- Inspect Heating & Cooling Systems - to ensure they are performing at their best.
- Inspect for Outside Repairs Each Spring - catching repairs early can save you money
- Annual Deep Clean Forgotten Areas - refrigerator coils, behind the appliances and more
- Cleaning Gutters & Drains - prevents problems through the year
- Inspect Your Plumbing - catching issues early can save hassles and money
- Pressure Wash - keep things looking their best
- Trim Your Trees - tree debris on your roof can result in a shorter life span for the roof
- Inspect Ductwork - ensures better heating/cooling and can save money
- Deep Clean Carpets - keeps your home cleaner
- Note Minor Repairs & Fix Them - feel less stressed by keeping on top of these tasks